To ensure a company’s leaders adopted communication skills taught at a leadership development conference, reinforcing the message for weeks to come would be critical. The question was how to do it well. The solution was a series of microlearning games that leverage the leaders’ spirit of competition.
After attending the live event, each leader received this short video introduction to the upcoming game-style challenges.
Then every two weeks for months to come, company leaders received a “challenge” notification. A new game was readily accessible on their mobile or desktop device.
While the gaming formats varied from video-driven scenarios to cards, they each shared these characteristics:
- A clear learning objective behind each game (not a game for game’s sake)
- Easy navigation from the challenge home screen
- A quick review and instructions at the beginning of the challenge
- A countdown timer to keep the game short
- Addition of points for each correct answer
- Deduction of points for each wrong answer
- A leaderboard to rank players by score
- The opportunity to replay the game to improve the score and ranking
- Bragging rights and corporate incentives for top finishers
- A corporate drawing for those who participated
- Links to resources
Consequently, the end result was a learning experience that gained overwhelmingly favorable feedback and resulted in positive behavior change.
Would you like to see more? Then please contact us for a full demo.